5 Easy Tips to Grow Your Author Tribe
While at IBPA’s Publishing University as FAPA’s IBPA Scholarship recipient, I searched for easy tips to grown my reader tribe. Below is my top 5 list, I will be using these and I think you will too!
#bookstagram is a popular way readers share books on Instagram. Authors can share the “Story Behind the Story” by posting images that relate to characters’ likes, products used, or locations within the book.
- Character Likes:??????? Food, paint colors, furniture, etc.
- Products Used: ? ? ? ? ?Vehicles, clothing, accessories, etc.
- Locations: ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?Australia, barns, monuments, etc.
Label Pinterest boards with interesting and relevant titles that relate to characters, products, or locations within the story. Within the board’s pins include the book cover and supporting art about the book.
- Barns of Kentucky:??? tobacco barns, racehorse barns, and a book cover image of “Southern Barns.”
- Tasmanian Tigers:??? Tasmanian Tigers, Australian marsupials, and a book cover image of “Endangered Australian Marsupials.”
Amazon Author Page
Don’t set an Amazon Author Page bio and forget it. Here are practices that build author tribes.
- Include a thank you message at the end of the author bio.
- Add “please follow me @SocialMediaSite” after the “thank you.”
- Personally thank each Amazon book review received.
- Host an Amazon Giveaway requesting participants to like the author page
Submit Your Book for the 2017 FAPA President's Book Awards
Recognizing book publishing excellence and creativity in design, content, and production