FAPA President's Book AwardsRecognizing book publishing excellence and creativity in design, content, and production
2018 Submissions Are Open!
Each year, the FAPA President’s Book Awards program recognizes book publishing excellence and creativity in design, content, and production for North American authors and publishers. Librarians, book industry professionals, and educators from Florida and other states will judge content, theme, layout, and cover design elements.
FAPA awards gold, silver, and bronze medals to finalists in each category. Winners are announced by email and listed on the FAPA website in early July. All category winners receive their medal, a digital certificate, and 10 medal decals at the FAPA President’s Book Awards Banquet. FAPA issues a press release announcing the winners that can be sent to the media and used on an author’s website, blog, and on social media.
For 2018, eligible books may be entered in forty-three categories. There are also two separate cover design categories. Please see the 2018 Submission Guidelines below. Discounts are available for Early Bird Submissions. The Early Bird Submissions deadline is February 28, 2018. The final submission deadline is May 28, 2018.
For more information and to submit a book, please visit https://fapa.submittable.com/submit or click on the button below.
2018 Nomination Guidelines
- Author or publisher must reside in North America.
- Books must be published between January 2017 and May 2018.
- Books/eBooks must have a valid ISBN number, and include the year published within the book.
- eBooks may have an ASIN in lieu of ISBN.
- FAPA membership is not required for entry.
- Previous award winning titles of FAPA President’s Book Awards may not be re-entered.
- FAPA board members are able to enter books in the awards competition.
1. Adult Fiction: General
2. Adult Fiction: Chic Lit
3. Adult Fiction: Contemporary/Literary
4. Adult Fiction: Historical
5. Adult Fiction: Horror
6. Adult Fiction: Mystery
7. Adult Fiction: Romance
8. Adult Fiction: Sci-Fi/Fantasy
9. Adult Fiction: Suspense/Thriller
13. Children’s Picture Book (Age 0-7)
14.Children’s Chapter Book (age 5-9)
15. Coffee Table Book
18. Adult eBook
19. Children’s eBook
20. Fiction: Christian
21. Fiction: Juvenile (Age 7-12)
22. Fiction: Young Adult
23. YA: Romance/Coming of Age/New Adult
24. YA: Paranormal/Sci-Fi/Fantasy
25. Florida: Children’s Picture Book (Age 0-7)
26. Florida: Adult Fiction
27. Florida: Juvenile (Age 7-12)
28. Florida: Adult Non-Fiction
29. Florida: Young Adult (Fiction and Non-Fiction)
30. Graphic Novel
32. Health & Fitness
33. Home & Garden
35. Non-Fiction: Adult
36. Non-Fiction: Children’s
37. Non-Fiction: Young Adult
38. Poetry Book
39. Political/Current Events
42. Sports & Recreation
43. Short Fiction (Including Short Stories)
44. Cover Design: Small Format (6” x 9” and Smaller)
45. Cover Design: Larger Format (Larger than 6” x 9”)
The 2017 Medalists
On Saturday evening, August 5, 2017, the Florida Authors and Publishers Association announced the 2017 FAPA President’s Book Awards Medalists at the Book Awards Banquet where 150 authors in 43 categories were celebrated. This annual event brought together the Florida publishing community to honor these award-winning authors and publishers.
Bette Lee Crosby
Winner of multiple FAPA awards
Curtis Inabinett, Jr.
Preserving African-American history
A 12-year-old award-winning author
Megan Pitts and Vicki Shankwitz
Mother-Daughter writing team