FAPA President's Book AwardsRecognizing book publishing excellence and creativity in design, content, and production
2018 Medalist Announcements in Process
Each year, the FAPA President’s Book Awards program recognizes book publishing excellence and creativity in design, content, and production for North American authors and publishers. Librarians, book industry professionals, and educators from Florida and other states will judge content, theme, layout, and cover design elements.
FAPA awards gold, silver, and bronze medals to finalists in each category. Winners are announced by email and listed on the FAPA website in early July. All category winners receive their medal, a digital certificate, and 10 medal decals at the FAPA President’s Book Awards Banquet. FAPA issues a press release announcing the winners that can be sent to the media and used on an author’s website, blog, and on social media.
For 2018, eligible books could be entered in forty-three categories. There were also two separate cover design categories. Please see the 2018 Submission Guidelines below. The final submission deadline was May 28, 2018.
Judging is currently underway. The categories are being announced as judging for each is finalized.
On Saturday, August 4, 2018, the 2018 medalist will be honored at the FAPA President’s Book Awards Banquet. All category winners receive their medal, a digital certificate, and 10 medal decals. Please join us in honoring this year’s winners.
2018 Nomination Guidelines
- Author or publisher must reside in North America.
- Books must be published between January 2017 and May 2018.
- Books/eBooks must have a valid ISBN number, and include the year published within the book.
- eBooks may have an ASIN in lieu of ISBN.
- FAPA membership is not required for entry.
- Previous award winning titles of FAPA President’s Book Awards may not be re-entered.
- FAPA board members are able to enter books in the awards competition.
“Not only does the FAPA award bring confidence to the reader that they will be purchasing something already vetted and praised, but it gives confidence to the author as well—knowing that talented, professional writers have thoroughly appraised one’s work and believe in its value.”Marina Brown
2. Adult Fiction: Chic Lit
3. Adult Fiction: Contemporary/Literary
4. Adult Fiction: Historical
5. Adult Fiction: Horror
6. Adult Fiction: Mystery
7. Adult Fiction: Romance
8. Adult Fiction: Sci-Fi/Fantasy
9. Adult Fiction: Suspense/Thriller
13. Children’s Picture Book (Age 0-7)
14.Children’s Chapter Book (age 5-9)
15. Coffee Table Book
18. Adult eBook
19. Children’s eBook
20. Fiction: Christian
21. Fiction: Juvenile (Age 7-12)
22. Fiction: Young Adult
23. YA: Romance/Coming of Age/New Adult
24. YA: Paranormal/Sci-Fi/Fantasy
25. Florida: Children’s Picture Book (Age 0-7)
26. Florida: Adult Fiction
27. Florida: Juvenile (Age 7-12)
28. Florida: Adult Non-Fiction
29. Florida: Young Adult (Fiction and Non-Fiction)
30. Graphic Novel
32. Health & Fitness
33. Home & Garden
35. Non-Fiction: Adult
36. Non-Fiction: Children’s
37. Non-Fiction: Young Adult
38. Poetry Book
39. Political/Current Events
42. Sports & Recreation
43. Short Fiction (Including Short Stories)
44. Cover Design: Small Format (6” x 9” and Smaller)
45. Cover Design: Larger Format (Larger than 6” x 9”)