Conventions, Conferences, and Workshops, Oh My!
By Lee Ann Mancini, Award Winning Author and FAPA Board Member
Networking is an excellent opportunity to engage with like-minded people in the publishing industry.? With that being stated, here are some ideas to keep in mind when you attend a convention, conference or workshop:
- To learn more about book publishing, attend the FAPA conferences! These are extremely valuable as FAPA strives to bring speakers who are experts in their specific fields. The 2017 annual conference will be held in Orlando on August 4-5.
- Attend with a plan and a goal. Are you there to find a publisher, editor, illustrator, graphic designer, or to hear a specific speaker who interests you?
- These events are a good way to network, meet other people in the industry, and build connections. Make sure you bring business cards and any book materials you would like to share with others.
- Practice your elevator speech.
- And on a practical note, remember to bring a sweater. Sometimes the convention rooms can get really cold!
We hope to see you at future FAPA events!
Submit Your Book for the 2017 FAPA President's Book Awards
Recognizing book publishing excellence and creativity in design, content, and production