IBPA 2020 Publishing University Scholarship
Another Great FAPA Membership Benefit
All active FAPA members have the opportunity to apply to the IBPA Publishing University Scholarship Program. This program provides IBPA members interested in advancing their publishing program the opportunity to apply for a complimentary ticket to IBPA Publishing University. This year’s event will be held in Redondo Beach, California April 3-4, 2020 (with preconference sessions on April 2nd).
IBPA awards one complimentary ticket to each IBPA affiliate association and two complimentary tickets to at-large IBPA members (i.e., members not associated with an IBPA affiliate). IBPA has full discretion over the awarding of a scholarship to IBPA Publishing University.
The IBPA Publishing University Scholarship is intended for individuals working in the independent publishing industry who need assistance in growing their publishing program. In evaluating applicants, IBPA considers how the scholarship will assist the individual to become a successful publisher. They also require that the recipient share what they learned at IBPA Publishing University through a blog post published on the IBPA website and, if applicable, with their affiliate association members.
- A Member of both the sponsoring affiliate association and IBPA
- Actively participating in the publishing process as a publisher of their own or others work.
- In a position to benefit immediately from the scholarship.
- How will attendance at Publishing University assist the individual in his/her publishing career?
- How will attendance at Publishing University be translated into the day-to-day operations of the individual’s business?
- How will the scholarship winner share the information learned at Publishing University with their affiliate association? This sharing may take various forms, such as a published blog post, presentations at meetings, and mentoring of others throughout the year.
- Did the applicant win an IBPA Publishing University scholarship in 2019? To serve as many members as possible, a scholarship cannot be awarded to the same member two years in a row. After two years, scholarship winners are welcome to reapply.
The estimated value of the scholarship is $400**; it includes:
- Free Full Conference Pass to IBPA Publishing University.
- Free ticket to the IBPA Benjamin Franklin Awards Ceremony, held the 1st evening of IBPA Publishing University.
- Networking opportunities with peers and mentors.
- Face-to-face access to some of the most respected names in the business of independent publishing.
**The scholarship does not cover travel and accomodations or the cost of attending preconference sessions.
Interested in the 2020 IBPA Publishing University Scholarship?
APPLICATION DEADLINE = November 30, 2019 | SCHOLARSHIP RECIPIENTS NOTIFIED = December 15, 2019