Welcome to the Zipper Club: Surviving Heart Surgery and Beyond
Are you or a loved one facing cardiac surgery?
There’s nothing more frightening than when your heart isn’t functioning the way it’s supposed to, except possibly when the heart of someone you love is in trouble.
Of course, it’s a natural reaction to want more information about what to expect and how to heal quickly.
And while there’s a lot of great information on the internet, much of it is on medical websites that provide bulleted lists of information mixed with incomprehensible jargon.
In this first-person account, author Bruce Ballister shares his own experience with coronary artery bypass grafting so that you will know:
- What to expect as you prepare for your surgery.
- How it feels to have had your chest cracked open.
- Why a support team is so important for your recovery.
- How to transition back home as smoothly as possible.
- And most importantly, what you need to do to avoid a repeat performance.
Whether you’re preparing for heart surgery yourself or you’ll be supporting someone through the process, this book will explain what to expect and how to survive beyond the surgery.