IBPA Publishing Industry Scholarship
For independent publishers and self-published authors who need assistance in growing their publishing program
IBPA Publishing University Scholarship Program Overview
As a FAPA member, you can be eligible for a scholarship to the annual IBPA Publishing University. The next IBPA Publishing University will be held in Redondo Beach, California, on April 3-4, 2020. You can learn more about the IBPA Publishing University here.
The IBPA Publishing University scholarship is intended for independent publishers and self-published authors who need assistance in growing their publishing program. Each year, IBPA awards one complimentary ticket to each IBPA affiliate association like FAPA.
You have to be a member of FAPA and of IBPA to qualify for the scholarship program. In evaluating applicants, IBPA considers how the scholarship will assist the individual to become a successful publisher. They also require that the recipient shares what they learned at Publishing University through a blog post published on the IBPA website and, if applicable, with the members of the IBPA Affiliate Association that sponsored them. IBPA has full discretion over the awarding of a scholarship to Publishing University.
- A member of both FAPA and IBPA.
- Actively participating in the publishing process as a publisher of their own or others work.
- In a position to benefit immediately from the scholarship.
- How will attendance at Publishing University assist the individual in his/her publishing career?
- How will attendance at Publishing University be translated into the day-to-day operations of the individual?s business?
- How will the scholarship winner share the information learned at Publishing University with their affiliate association? This sharing may take various forms, such as a published blog post, presentations at meetings, and mentoring of others throughout the year.
Need More Information?
Visit the IBPA Publishing University site for more information.