WordPress 4.7.3 Addresses Six Security Vulnerabilities
WordPress announced?the availability of release 4.7.3 today.
This is from the WordPress 4.7.3 release post: WordPress versions 4.7.2 and earlier are affected by six security issues:
- Cross-site scripting (XSS) via media file metadata. Reported by Chris Andr? Dale, Yorick Koster, and Simon P. Briggs.
- Control characters can trick redirect URL validation. Reported by Daniel Chatfield.
- Unintended files can be deleted by administrators using the plugin deletion functionality. Reported by xuliang.
- Cross-site scripting (XSS) via video URL in YouTube embeds. Reported by Marc Montpas.
- Cross-site scripting (XSS) via taxonomy term names. Reported by Delta.
- Cross-site request forgery (CSRF) in Press This leading to excessive use of server resources. Reported by Sipke Mellema.
In addition to the security issues above, WordPress 4.7.3 contains 39 maintenance fixes to the 4.7 release series.
If you are on WordPress,?we strongly recommend?keeping the WordPress core, your themes and plugins up to date.